Keep Bogart Beautiful! The city provides numerous services to aid the community in keeping our city clean. Check the City Calendar for specific dates.
Weekly garbage pickup services are provided to residents within the city limits. Garbage is collected each Monday beginning at 7 a.m. If a legal holiday falls on a Monday, then collection will take place on Tuesday.
Only household garbage will be collected. The city provides one can per household. Cans must be placed at the end of the driveway and away from objects such as mailboxes. Cans must be removed from the right of way once they have been emptied.
Recycling Pickup will be on Tuesdays starting in May 2016
Another service offered to residents is collection of recyclable materials. The city will provide one cart per household at no charge. To have a cart delivered to your residence, please contact City Hall at 770-725-7386.
Please follow these guidelines:
1. Never use the recycling cart (blue lid/gray body) for garbage.
2. Do not put recycling cart and garbage cart (black lid/charcoal body) out at the same time to avoid pick up confusion.
3. Curbside pick up is each alternate Tuesday. Check the City Calendar or call City Hall for specific dates.
4. Pick up requires cart to be at the curb unless an approved exception has been granted. All carts must be placed at curbside no later than 8:00 a.m.
5. Recyclable items include: aluminum, plastics #1 & #2, glass, newspapers, magazines, corrugated cardboard that is clean & flattened and tin cans. Please empty and rinse all containers.
6. Non-recyclable items: plastic bags, shredded paper, pots/pans, glassware, paper plates/cups, paper towels/napkins, plastic cutlery, food, clamshells, styrofoam, batteries, light bulbs and wire hangers or ceramics.
7. Each cart has a serial number for accountability purposes for city hall and residents. A record of your carts’ serial number will be on file at City Hall.
8. You agree to use cart solely for curbside recycling. If for any reason you stop recycling, contact City Hall.
The City of Bogart provides limb & yard debris pickup services each Thursday at no cost to our Citizens. In order to participate please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Stack small dried limbs and branches (that have fallen from natural causes) neatly in a pile near the curb.
2. Limit your pile to 6 feet long by 6 feet wide by 4 feet deep.
3. Limbs no larger than 5-6 inches in diameter
4. One 3/4 ton pickup truckload maximum
5. Place pine cones in a container
Note: City is not equipped to handle any trees that you cut or have had cut by tree company. Service is for yard debris that has fallen from natural causes only.
If these guidelines are not met, your limbs and debris will not be picked up. No Exceptions!
Check the City Calendar for specific dates.
Dumpster Days (Bi-Annual Clean Up) Guidelines
The City of Bogart is committed in helping you to keep your property clear of unwanted miscellaneous materials by providing FREE dumpster days during April and October each year. However, to help us to manage this collection process safely and efficiently, we need your cooperation by following these guidelines to participate:
1. Must stop and present a mailed post card from City w/photo ID verifying that you are a resident of the City (living inside of City limits) to our on site officials at dumpster’s location before any unloading activity.
2. No depositing of materials before or after scheduled hours (7:00A.M. to 7:00 P.M. An on site official must be present for any deposits.
3. Follow instructions from on site Officials where to unload materials.
4. Practice good Safety judgment while off loading to dumpsters and avoid interrupting normal downtown traffic flow.
5. Under no circumstances are you to climb upon or enter dumpsters for any reason. Ask our on site officials for help.
6. No Loitering, please leave promptly after you have unloaded to minimize traffic congestion.
7. Solicitation is prohibited from individuals or to salvage any materials from the dumpster area.
8. No Hazardous materials to include paint containers.
9. No limbs or brush.
10. On site security will be present to enforce these guidelines.
11. Failure to follow any of the above guidelines could result in revoking your privileges to participate in future dumpster days by Mayor and Council.
Check the City Calendar for specific dates.