Bogart is a city with it’s eye on the future! With plans in the works for municipal improvements, we strive to move forward while keeping our traditions intact.
The Historical Agricultural Center was renovated in 2014 is the recipient of the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation Award for Excellence in Rehabilitation.
The building is multi-use and will house the Mayor and Council Offices and the Bogart Museum supported by the Bogart Historical Society. This building is also available for rent to the public for events. For rental Information and reservations, please contact City Hall at 770-725-7386.
The document linked below details the original plan along with other civic developments.
Bogart is assisted by the Oconee County Planning Commission for review and recommendations for projects and input as needed. A Bogart representative serves on the Commission.
City of Bogart Planning and Development Office
- Analyzes and provides recommendations to the City’s elected officials in regards to rezoning, variance, annexation, and land use plan amendment applications, amendments to the development code, and the adoption of new ordinances and regulations pertaining to planning and development.
- Enforces the provisions of local and state building construction codes through site inspections and plan review.
- Issues building permits, other permits, and certificates of occupancy.
- Conducts inspections for compliance with erosion and sedimentation control regulations.
- Gives interpretations of local and state building construction codes.
Property taxes are collected by Oconee County through combined billing and are due on November 15 in each year.
The City of Bogart is a part of the Oconee County Joint Comprehensive Plan and participates in long and short term strategic planning. Two appointed citizens represent Bogart and serve on the Planning Commission and the Development Authority of Oconee County. Council also chairs its own committee for future growth and development.
Applications for a building, electrical, heating & air and plumbing permits are available at City Hall or can be downloaded and printed from the links below. Building permits are required for any new structure or any structure that is altered over 100 sq. feet. Fees are based upon the square footage and the type of structure. Contact City Hall for further information. All contractors and sub contractors must be licensed by the State of Georgia. Proof of license must be given before any permits will be issued.
|Bogart Building Permit Application|
|Electrical Permit Application|
|HVAC Permit Application|
|Plumbing Permit Application|
The City of Bogart Contracts all Inspections with Oconee County.
Click here for the link to the Oconee County Code Enforcement Department
Subdivision of Land
Applications for subdivisions are an available at City Hall or can be downloaded and printed from the link below. Copies of Subdivision Regulations are available for purchase at City Hall.
Copies of the Zoning Ordinance are available at City Hall for purchase. The Official Zoning Map is posted in the Council’s Chambers for public review.